Thursday, August 27, 2009

Spell check

Many years ago, in the early days of PCs, I got this one from an unknown source.

Eye halve a spelling chequer,
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marks for my reviue
Miss steaks eye khan knot sea

And an apt rejoinder from Jeff Aronson, who wrote [still writes?] filler for BMJ, follows.
Eye have run this filler threw it,
I am shore your pleased to no.
Its letter perfect all the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew


On growing old

The foot less prompt to meet the morning dew,
The heart less bounding at emotion new,
And hope, once crushed, less quick to spring again.

Mathew Arnold

Clinic capers

Loud annoncement heard over the public address system in the patients waiting area of a hospital's gastroenterolfy clinic. 'Mr Ramakrishnan, please come for your enema'

A patient told my doctor friend that he [patient] has been having wireless fever for which he has taken kerocine [Crocin].

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of spell check, there is a good program Spell Check Anywhere (SpellCheckAnywhere.Net) it adds spell check to all programs.

Anonymous said...

Nice one, Doc !

Eye njoid it berry mush.... ;-)

Rajiv.

B.C.Rao said...

That won was gud