Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Élan

This is the only word that aptly describes Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi. The title nawab sat lightly on him. I remember him as a cricketer and gentleman who taught Indians to fight to win. He groomed the likes of G.R.Viswanath and helped them become great cricketers. He did not know how to play politics and could never do zee Huzoor to anyone. He had this in built flair and style and it showed in his cricketing and personal life. I don’t think he did any work at all after he left playing cricket and our board which is busy politicking did not find it necessary to make use of his services. Not that Pataudi minded.

His passing away brings to an end an era of gentlemen playing cricket.

4 comments:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Hey, you, olden chap (or should I say mature?) Nevertheless, as one sinfull mortal to another on this whorizontal, playing field, the world SUCKS, don't it? That's why I prefer to pray, pray, pray - praying rayzzz MY thots to the Great Beyond where I'll be in a weee span of time VS. the length and breadth of eternity. Our finite existence is basically, absolutely nuthin in comparison --- Pleased to make thy aquaintance, Saint Thomas Aquinas, err, I mean, mature doctor. My Dad was a psychoanaliticalneurosurgeon which took him about 77 years of med school HawrHawr God bless you, my friend. Meet me Upstairs, brudda, and lemme buy you a beer. Be at peace.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

... or a keg. We'll shoot-the-shit; ya know, cut-the-crap as we re-grow our brains. Won't that be a blast and a half, my long lost brudda? Just remember: God only gives bawls to those who see the need for humility - that's quite a conundrum, huh? Yep. I know. Through prayer in the Holy Spirit I received Words-O-Wisdom. It shant be that long now till the country's in chaos, alla the stupid billionaires vying for POW!er. Retarded. Only the Trinity has any TRUE power - we have it on loan, as Rush sez. Rush, too, is a mortal, just as you and I. And, pretty soon, HooRayGun! sez Ronald Raygun!! we'll be in Heaven celebrating our resurrection for maaaaaaaany eons. Can't wait to party-hardy with you, ya fat-cat. God bless you.

Michel said...

No doubt that he was one of the best leaders in the world.He must be remembered by his nation always.
Franchises

san antonio gyms said...

Hi Elan,
I am a great fan of mansur ali khan pataudi cricket and he had the ability to beat any team. New cricketers must watch his game to follow his technique.